Sometimes the MP3 file is too big for you, and what you need is only some one segment. The following is the steps to split MP3 files to segments with the freeware.
Steps to split MP3 files on Mac for free
1. Download Audio Splitter and install it on your Mac, then run it.
2. Add MP3 file. Click the Add button and select a MP3 file in the pop-up window, then click the Open button to add the file to the list.
3. Set splitting settings. Select the MP3 file and click the Split button to open the splitting settings window.
4. Choose the option Split into and input 4 as the segments number. There are 3 splitting modes in the splitting settings window.
- "Split into files of duration": Input the duration value and the file will be split into segments according to the duration.
- "Split into": The file will be split into several segments according to the input number.
- "Intercept (By second)": Customize the interception value to get any clip.
5. Start splitting. Just keep the default output path and click the OK button. The splitting will be finished in a few seconds with the clip in the list.
- Macsome Audio Splitter is a completely freeware for MP3 and AAC files.
- Macsome Audio Splitter can split audio file with the unbelievably fast splitting speed.
- When you select the split audio to re-split, the subdivision will be overwritten.
- You can also split the generated subdivision.
- Quickly find the output file and edit the ID tags by the right-click.
- You can play the output clip in the list.