Sometimes the MP3 file is too big for you, and what you need is only some one segment. The following is the steps to split MP3 files to segments with the freeware.
1. Download Audio Splitter and install it on your Mac, then run it.
2. Add MP3 file. Click the Add button and select a MP3 file in the pop-up window, then click the Open button to add the file to the list.
3. Set splitting settings. Select the MP3 file and click the Split button to open the splitting settings window.
4. Choose the option "Split into" and input 4 as the segments number. There are 3 splitting modes in the splitting settings window.
5. Start splitting. Just keep the default output path and click the OK button. The splitting will be finished in a few seconds with the clip in the list.
Convert AA to MP3, remove Audio books DRM
Convert any iTunes to MP3/AAC. Fast & CD quality
Record any audio on Mac
Convert audio books to MP3, AAC. 5X speed fast
Loseless audio editing freeware
Cut big audio file to small pieces